A FMG with a network designation is also responsible for providing simple urgent services, semi-urgent first-line services, diagnostic tests and radiological services.
In addition to the services offered to patients enrolled with a FMG physician, super-clinics must:
- be open 7 days a week and 12 hours a day
- offer walk-in medical services to the entire population
- enable patients to obtain a same day appointment, up to three hours before closing
- provide access to a medical tests center
- provide access to a medical imaging laboratory
- facilitate access to specialized services
Services available in super-clinics allow people who have a non-priority condition to avoid visiting the hospital’s emergency room and experience a long wait. These are readily available services.