If you do not feel well and think you may have flu symptoms, please choose one of the following options before coming to the Emergency Department:
- Call Info-Santé at 8-1-1 for information and advice; or
- Go to a clinic that serves your area.
Members of the public are also strongly urged to avoid visiting residents in long-term care facilities, as well as clients in other facilities, if they have a fever, are coughing or are sneezing.
If you have no flu symptoms and will be visiting, please take these crucial precautions:
- Wearing a mask is not necessary. However, if you do have flu-like symptoms, wearing a mask is essential. In case of a major flu outbreak, you should wear a mask if you are providing care for a loved one.
- Clean your hands with an antiseptic, such as an alcohol-based solution, when entering and leaving the facility.
- Clean your hands with an alcohol-based solution or with soap and water when entering and leaving the resident’s room.
- Limit the number of visitors in the resident’s room to one (1) at a time.
- Stay in or near the resident’s room and do not wander into other areas of care.
- If you are visiting a resident who has flu-like-symptoms, you will be asked to wear a mask, a gown and gloves, as indicated on the resident’s door.
Your cooperation is appreciated.